Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Can I just take a moment to say how incredibly excited I am about the upcoming holiday season?? Something about this time of season puts an extra pep in my step! This year it seems as if the holidays are on crack! Is it just me, or has the holiday season kicked off early this year? Two radio stations in Charlotte are playing Christmas music non-stop. I have seen numerous homes with Christmas trees lit and decorations littering their lawns. Many department stores already have Christmas decorations on full display. There has been talk of drastic deals for Black Friday for the past two weeks. Apparently the retail industry is doing its best to inspire some holiday cheer and entice consumers into getting off their wallets in this bleak economy.

And I am eating it up left and right! Who doesn’t love cheep Christmas decorations? Buying Christmas presents on sale?? (We’ve already discussed how I love a good deal.) My Christmas list is made. I know exactly what I want to get every person I need to shop for. Now I am just waiting and looking for the best deal possible. It’s one of my favorite parts of the holidays!

I know that some may feel burdened by the sooner than normal onset of the holidays. I’m sure for many the thought of keeping up this holiday cheer for a full two months seems exhausting and overwhelming. I must say, I’m loving it! I cannot wait to decorate my home with Christmas cheer this weekend. I’m looking forward to sitting by the fire with the Christmas tree glowing and Dixie and Bauer fretting over all the clutter. I am generally a happier person from Thanksgiving Day thru New Years Day. So take advantage of my Yule tide merriment. Come January 2nd I will be back to my pessimistic, overworked self! J

Happy Holidays!

No comments:



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk