Monday, November 29, 2010

12 Days of Christmas - OVERLOAD!





Hello all!  So with the Thanksgiving holiday, I've kind of missed days 4, 5, & 6 of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge so I'm going to do my best to catch up in one post.  I'll keep it short and sweet, hopefully this isn't overload!

Day 4 - Tips & Tricks To A Budget Friendly Holiday
My biggest tip would be to actually budget.  I mentioned this when discussing Black Friday shopping.  Each season I determine a total amount we can afford to spend on Christmas gifts, including gifts Steven and I give to one another.  I then make a list of everyone we have to shop for: siblings, parents, grandparents, coworkers, friends, etc.  I then determine a maximum amount I am allowed to spend on each person on the list.  This helps me determine what type of gift I can purchase for each person on my list and as long as I stick to the allotted amount per person, I am guaranteed to stay within budget.  :)

Day 5 - Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show
I love holiday movies!  ABC Family's 25 Day's of Christmas plays non-stop at our house during the holiday season!  As I mentioned earlier, as a child, I never really watched "the classics" - the old black and white traditional holiday movies.  Since Steven and I have been married we watch at least one classic each year - it's his way of "educating me" as he so eloquently puts it.  :)  My new favorites include:

Miracle on 34th Street

It's A Wonderful Life


Day 6 - Gift Ideas For Me
This year's gift list pretty much includes items that I actually need.  Sad yes - but a girl's gotta grow up sometime I guess.  :)





And maybe a few fun items that I don't actually need, but would really LOVE!

Eat, Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Decorative Cake Stands & Serving Trays

Eclipse

Sorry for getting so behind on the blog challenge.  I will be posting later today about my favorite DIY projects (hahaha...make me laugh!!!)







17 comments:

Miss Southern Vol said...

OMG I love those cake stands- we registered for those and never got any :( and I am DYING for a pair of riding boots! If you find some cheap let me know :)

Christina said...

Don't you just love asking for things you need now? Ha. You have a fun Christmas list going!

Unknown said...

I LOVE those cake stands -- they are adorable!

Mateya said...

Cute cake stands! I want the Twilight movie too, I gotta add that to my list :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Those cake stands are ADORABLE!!! Like I want one now!!! :) So cute!

I can't wait to see your DIY and get some inspiration! :)

Neely said...

Love the cake stands! I have Eclipse on my list too :)

ty said...

Eat, Pray, Love is WONDERFUL.

Katie said...

I love your blog - so cute! And I agree, those cake stands are SO.STINKIN.CUTE :)

Petchie said...

I love those cake stands are so adorable! Great Christmas wish list! Newest follower :)

xoxo
Petchie

Natalie said...

that is exactly how we budgeted this year : ) great idea!

Kenj said...

I love the cake stands. So cute. But I love your list in general also.!

Kit said...

Great movies! I love those cake stands! Too cute!

Sarah Ann said...

I love those riding boots! Adorable!

Jessica said...

The new Nicholas Sparks book was SOOOO good! A must read.

I saw those exact cake stands in TJ Maxx recently and had to walk away, I wanted them so badly. Very cute!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Budgeting is so important, and somehow, I always seem to forget to do so!

Love the VS yoga pants, and those cake stands are so cute!!

Katie said...

I have those Nike shoes.. they are great!! Love the pants too! Target has some great pants right now too and are inexpensive! I read Eat Pray Love and saw the movie.. it's a good read but the movie was just OK for me. that's usually how it is though-the books are much better than the movie! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for good stuff.



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk