Monday, October 10, 2011

Miscellany Monday




Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


{one} I survived my first close at the new job by myself. For those of you who don't know - I'm an accountant for an international company headquartered in Charlotte. And month end close is always a very busy time of the month for me. Last month was my first time closing my portion of the books by myself. It wasn't pretty - but I survived. :)

{two} I'm on my second cup of coffee already this morning. I feel utterly exhausted this morning. I'm not quite sure why. I have glaring bags under my eyes and my skin just look sullen. Am I possibly catching an early case of the winter blues? Maybe I need a power nap.

{three} I really want to see Footloose this weekend. Does that make me a total teeny bopper? Footloose was one of my favorite 80's movies and I'm so *pumped* that they have remade it with a modern day spin. I may be planning a girl's night to see this one....

{four} I'm so ready for the holidays. I think I'm mainly just excited to have a few days off from work. This year has been pretty tough on me. Three different jobs in one year is a little overwhelming. I haven't had a day off since June and I'm kind of beat. A tiny part of me wishes Steven and I could just lock ourselves away for the holidays and not go anywhere or see anyone. Just light a fire and curl up watching holiday movies for an entire week with nothing to do and nowhere to go. But I know that's never going to happen. Maybe one of these years we will sneak away to Jamaica for the holidays. We keep saying that we are going to do it before we have kids - but it hasn't happened yet!

{five} I've mentioned this a few times on Twitter - but seriously, what's all this buzz about Pinterest? I have received multiple invitations, but haven't joined yet. I'm not sure if I have time for another social media distraction in my life. But apparently it's all the rage!

12 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Congrats on closing the books!!

AND GIRL. GET ON PINTEREST!!! You will see what the hype is about....

Katie said...

Wow..not a day off since June?! You do need a holiday or something soon! PLEASE get on Pinterest..you will love it. It's more of a collection of your favorite things vs social networking site. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. I spent hrs on it. haha so many good ideas!!!

d.a.r. said...

You have GOT to get on pinterest. Like, ASAP. Please??? And find me on there if you do!!

Congrats on your first closing! That has to feel good to have that under your belt. You won't have to do your "First" one ever again!!

d.a.r. said...

Oh--and we always said we would get away for Christmas, too. Especially before the baby comes. Well, now we are hosting both sides on Christmas Day. That means roughly 40 people in my house while I am 35 weeks pregnant. Rock on!!

Rebekah said...

Congrats on your first closing! We can't wait for the holidays. We're in the middle of planning our trips home. I feel like we live on a vacation (even with work) just because we live so far away from family. We can't wait to go visit!

Girl, for real, join Pinterest!

Holly said...

Your blog is so cute! I'm loving it... and your furbabies :)

Happy Monday!

-Holly @ Eight Six Eleven

Kenya said...

Totally feel ya! And I as well don't get Pinterest... but kind of want an invite to check it out.

Jessica said...

I only get on Pinterest when I'm looking for party inspiration, recipe ideas or I'm just plain bored. LOL, I don't keep up that well!

Mateya said...

You definitely need to get Pinterest. It's amazing!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Pinterest is a time suck but a better one than like facebook, ha! Lots of good stuff to find...recipes, projects and such. Congratulations on your first closing! Now that its under your belt the next one will be smooth sailing :)

rkjalernpan said...

Pinterest is great. But since I joined that I pretty much haven't blogged and really haven't even Facebooked because I only have time for one of these social media things!

Miss you and hope all is well. Always love reading your blog and catching up with your life, even though I'm a state away.

The Presutti's said...

Girl, you must join Pinterest! You don't know what you are missing!!!! You will be so addicted



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk