Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Time For A Challenge!

I’ve decided to run a half marathon on Nov 7th with a friend of mine, Natalie. In case you’re wondering how far a half marathon is – it’s 13.2 miles!!! And yes – I am willingly taking on this challenge. While he says he thinks I will be able to complete the run, Steven has this look of questioning on his face. Almost like he hopes I will finish the run, but seriously doubts it. So I’m putting it out there for everyone to see – I’m running a half marathon. Hoping that by making it public, I will find the motivation I need to get my butt in gear and start running! Sadly, I’m in the best shape of my life – so I figure it’s now or never. And I’ve never done anything even remotely athletic. So I’m embracing the challenge. I also embrace the idea that maybe, just maybe, this extra training will help to shed those final stubborn pounds that I can’t get off. Here’s hoping! Race day is Nov 7th – 88 days away – let training begin! Pray that I don’t get hurt!!!

1 comment:

NatleiLynn said...

We've got this in the bag :)



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk