Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Finally Here!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how long I have waited for this day. The past two months of boring, weekday summer nights have lead me to this day. This night. The night that Prime Time television premiers the Fall TV Lineup!!!!


Can you hear the choir of angels? Can I get an Amen or Hallelujah?

I'm kind of ashamed to admit this - but I spent my lunch break last Thursday mapping out our evening TV schedule. We recently switched from DirectTv to Time Warner Cable which means that we lost all the programming on our DVR and it will need to be reset. So I spent an hour visiting NBC, ABC, Fox & CBS online to see what their fall line-up looked like and mapped out our DVR schedule. Don't judge me......

I'm not going to tell you all the shows I will be watching, because it would be a little embarrassing. But I figure, I wake up at 5:00 a.m. every morning and get my workout in before work. I work from 8-5 and have an hour long commute home. If I want to relax in front of the TV Monday-Thursday evening for a couple hours, that's my perrogative. Plus you know me, Little Miss Frugal loves some free entertainment!

I will however share a few of my favorites and a few new shows that I have high hopes for:

Grey's Anatomy

Hands down all time favorite show. I can't believe Meredith gets fired - I'm sure that won't last long because what would the hospital drama be without Meredith??

Castle
Please, please, please can they just get together??? Will Beckett remember that Castle said the L word??
Modern Family
ABC Comedy Wednesday is my favorite night of the week largely in part to this fabulous show! Congrats on all the Emmy wins last night!

Criminal Minds

JJ is back! :)

I'm also adding a few new shows to the mix:

New Girl
I love Zooey Deschanel and this new show looks hilarious.

Whitney
Have you seen the promo where she says, "I don't get why guys have to wear jerseys while watching a football game. It's not like they are on the team. That would be like me dressing up as a hooker to watch SVU." Bahahaha.....

Is anyone else as excited about their shows coming back on as I am? Feel free to share your favorite shows!

17 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm so excited the shows are back! Although, I have no clue when anything is on. I haven't figured out our schedule yet...I should probably do that so I don't miss something!

Meg O. said...

Yay for fall TV! I am so excited about Modern Family!!!

Christina said...

I'm so excited too! Tonight my DVR starts recording!!

agalandherdog said...

I can't wait for Modern Family!

Dani said...

Hahaha— you're a girl after my own heart. Not only did I spend an hour 2 weeks ago mapping out MY fall show schedule, but I also TYPED, printed, and transferred my list of shows to my day planner. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone! LOL but what a good idea to pre-tape them. I'll have to consider that... even though we're only here for a couple weeks more and then we're moving and switching to VERIZON cable— blech! I hope they have Tivo too.

Elizabeth | The Blush Magnolia said...

I'm so excited for fall TV as well! I love me some Grey's Anatomy but I'm also really excited to check out Whitney!

ajs {of MN} said...

whitney looks HILARIOUS! and the shoe "up all night" is funny as well. i am excited or "2 broke girls" tonight and i of course love ANTP, dep. housewives, greys and.... PROJECT RUNWAY- even though its been on a while it's still my fav! :)

ashley said...

Can't wait for 'New Girl'!!

Just got cable for the first time in 2 years and I seriously feel like a kid on Christmas! :)

Brandi said...

LOVELOVELOVE Castle!!!!!!!!! FAVE show!!!

Jessica said...

I adore ModFam!! So excited they're back :D

Jessica said...

I adore ModFam!! So excited they're back :D

LWLH said...

Can't wait to catch all these shows! :)

Amanda said...

Grey's and criminal minds are two of my favs!!!

Neely said...

You should totes link this up for boob tube babble on my blog Friday!

Kelly said...

CanNOT wait for New Girl!! :-D I love the scene when she knocks on the bathroom door and asks one of the guys, " You wouldn't happen... To have a blue tank top I could borrow...?" Haha :-)

Allison said...

I am SO excited for Fall TV! I set my DVR up to start recording because I just can't keep track. I'm really hoping these new shows are as funny/interesting as they look like they'll be.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I love the Fall TV premiere week. I don't map out my schedule but I do think long and hard about trying out new shows and if any of the old shows can be bumped. Those are difficult decisions!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk