Monday, April 25, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one} I spent a couple hours catching up on my favorite blogs this weekend. It felt so good to be back! I seriously hate that I have had literally zero time to read through blog over the past two weeks. Here’s hoping I can correct this soon.


{two} I’m enjoying the new job. It’s slightly overwhelming, I won’t lie. But I truly think that once I get acclimated and have a better understanding of this new position I will really enjoy this job. It could turn out to be a great move for my career – so fingers crossed!

{three} I’m addicted to Twitter. I knew it was going to happen – and it did. Seriously. Check that thing like 20 times a day. Is it sad that I’m actually getting most of my updates on current events and breaking news on Twitter? I mean – I’m purposefully following key politicians and leaders to hear what they have to say –but still, I always learn something new on there!

{four} I won a blog makeover from Jenn @ Munchkin Land Designs and I’m so excited to be working with her. Jenn has been so amazing to work with and she’s a truly talented blog designer. She is really trying to create the vision that I see for my blog and I’m loving her ideas. Can’t wait to show you guys the final product!

{five} My little brother got engaged this weekend. Wow – I feel ancient just typing those words. I was his age when Steven and I got engaged (22) – but still, a part of me will always think he’s a little boy. Can’t believe how quickly he’s growing up.

{six} I hope everyone has an amazing week! I’ll be doing my best to make my rounds and catch up on your blogs. Be patient with me – I’m still trying to adjust to this new work schedule (50+ hours a week) and finish this semester of grad school. Lord please help me survive these next two weeks!

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on winning the blog makeover! Jenn is awesome! I love what she did to mine.

Neely said...

Jenn is the greatest! Shes done all my designs :)

Allison said...

I'm glad that you're liking your new job.

That's super exciting for your brother! Congrats to all

ty said...

Congrats to your baby brother!! So exciting .. I loved it when my baby sister got engaged :)

And I'm stalking you on Twitter. PS.

Jessica said...

Congrats on the makeover and your brother's engagement! Twitter is amazeballs lol!

Rebekah said...

I'm glad you're liking your new job! I can't wait to see what your blog looks like when it's all finished! Congrats to your brother!

Unknown said...

yay for liking your new job!! getting acclimated can be intimidating and overwhelming - -but you'll do wondefully =)

Can't wait to see the new design; congratulations on winning the makeover!

awww YAY For your brother! how exciting!!

Donna said...

So glad you're liking your new job! It's always overwhelming isn't it?! I'm sure you'll do great though!

Congrats to your brother. I know what you mean about part of you thinking he'll always be a little boy. My brother is 4 years younger than me and I still find it weird that he's driving, working full time and that he doesn't want to watch Disney films 24/7...Lol! =)

Mateya said...

Congrats to your brother!

2 weeks...you can do it!

Kelsey Claire said...

Yeah for winning a blog makeover!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your job is going well! I've been struggling to blog lately too ;) But I'm hopefully gonna find time to do better soon!

Thanks for the Easter dinner invite this weekend ;-) Totally missed the turn to your house :-( Haha!!

I need a blog makeover stilllll! I know we already talked about this, but I am serious now!!!

Have a good week! Don't work too hard!

Anonymous said...

YaY for winning the blog makeover. It most be engagment season, all my friends are dropping like flies, if not they are married and about to have a baby. my bff has twins which turn 2 on the 26th and another one due in September.

Erica
asoonersweetheart.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

I knew you'd get addicted to twitter. I can't stop. You probably know that by now! Hahaha

Miss Chelsea said...

So much excitement going on in your world! Yay! Glad to hear things are goin well =)

Alisha said...

You can do it Amber! Just take one day at a time. :)

Can't wait to see what the new blog looks like. Have a great day, girlfriend.

xoxo

Rissy said...

ahhh new blog design! how exciting! can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

I love your attitude towards the new job... hope it brings great things.

Ok it's official. The whole world is engaged, married, or at least dating... except me! bleh

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Congrats to your brother - so exciting!! And glad to hear the new job is going well!

Kelly said...

Glad to hear that the job is going well!! I just love Twitter too! Can't wait to see the new look on here!

Kelsea said...

LOVE the new blog design! It looks amazing! :)



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk