Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Confessional





Photobucket


So it's been a while since I've joined up for Friday Confessional - but I feel I'm feeling a doze of honesty this morning!  (Rissy this is the conffesional I link up with sometimes!)

I confess that I took a drug test this morning and I'm terrified that I might fail.  No....I'm not a drug user. In fact, I've never done drugs in my life.  I'm a little too paranoid for all the jazz.  But still...the anxious control freak in me is terrified that the lab might mix up my test results with someone else and my new company will pull my offer because I failed my drug test.  Yes...I'm the kind of person that worries about these things.  Plus...there were some *sketchy* looking people in the waiting room at the drug test center.  Oh and the name of the center I tested at is STD Testing Center.  (I kid you not!)  Fail.....

I confess that I'm a little emotional about today being my last day at my job.  I've had such a great 13 months here.  I've learned so much and been blessed with amazing mentors.  I've developed some true friendships.  It will be sad not to see these people everyday.  Despite the fact that I am thrilled about this new opportunity, I'm a little sad to walk away from my current employer.  I keep trying to remind myself when one door closes.....

I confess that I'm super nervous about my first day at the new job on Monday.  I've got my outfit picked out, got the quickest route to work mapped out, got my game face on - but still, I've never been great at change.  I have tried to kid myself my entire life that I can "roll with the punches" but the older I get the more comical that little white lie becomes. 

I confess that I do not have a perfect marriage.  GASP!  SHOCK & AWE!!! I know that comes as a surprise to many of you, but it is true, my marriage is not all rainbows and butterflies.  I feel the need to confess this for multiple reasons - mainly, just to be real.  I have had numerous conversations with bloggers lately ranting about those bloggers who just seem *so perfect*.  We all know the kind.  And I'm not judging them.  If anything, I'm jealous of them.  But I just truly wonder how some people can be so flawless.  Literally seems like rainbows and butterflies. 

After careful review of my blog, I realize that I tend to blog about the good stuff in my marriage and not the bad.  To be honest, I'm not a big fan of airing my dirty laundry for the world to see.  Also, there really is significantly more good than bad in my relationship.  Three years in and I'm still madly in love with this man.  He makes me laugh.  Makes me feel protected.  Makes me feel treasured.  I'm so blessed.

However, my marriage has it's imperfections, insecurities, and communication issues.  We don't fight often, but when we do, we bring the good stuff.  We often joke that we could sell tickets to our fights because they are definitely a "main event".  That's just a product of our personalities.  We are both incredibly passionate, emotional, quick tempered people.  We get pissed easily but we forgive even more easily.  It's a blessing and curse all in one. 

So there you have it.  I've been honest.  It may seem like rainbows and butterflies - but I've got my flaws.  I'm somewhat high maintenance and demanding.  I'm slightly neurotic and overbearing.  And I won't even get started on my husband's flaws.  :) :)  We aren't perfect - but we are 100% in love and committed.  That's as good as it can get folks!

27 comments:

Meg O. said...

Fun post! I hope that your first day at the new job is amazing!! I know it will be!

And, your marriage isn't perfect?! GASP!!! Hehe. Honestly, I feel exactly the same way you do about my marriage. LOL at the "main event" fights.

Elizabeth said...

I was cracking up at the comment you left on my blog! It's so funny that we are so similar! Down to even our dog's name! Haha!

Good luck at your new job on Monday! I am sure you will do great!!! And I totally know what you mean with some bloggers "perfect" little life. I don't air out my dirty laundry either, but I keep it real. I don't try to paint a perfect picture. So, here is to an imperfectly perfect life! Cheers!!!!

xoxo
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

great post girl- dont worry you'll do awesome at your new job :) you deserve it! ahh no way your marriage ISNT perfect ;) you're lovely just as you are! xo

Stephanie said...

Good post-love your honesty.

Although I think parts of relationships may seem "perfect" not ALL aspects of anyone's marriage can be perfect...it's near impossible...so don't feel alone. I think my fiance and I compliment each other in our own ways but don't get me wrong...we have our little (or BIG) spats every once in a while too!

Good luck at your last and first day at your jobs!! That's always so exciting/nerve wracking!!

Have a good weekend!

Jessica said...

I think every relationship has it's flaws but the good always outweighs the bad for me and my husband. ;)

Unknown said...

haha and I thought I was the only non-drug user worred about failing a drug test because of some mix up haha! I LOVE it!

Love the honesty -- anyone who thinks some marriages never have fights is crazy. And the marriages that I don't have disputes about anything have complacent people involved (IMO -- don't shoot me lol). Being passionate is so important and sometimes that means getting into arguements -- if you argue (at least a little) its probably because you care =) that's my take on it anyhow

Happy Friday!

Christina said...

Haha, it's funny that you feel that way about the drug test because I felt the same way when I went in for my only one! Too funny :)

Good luck Monday!!

Katie said...

touche! I agree on all of the above...just thought I'd put that out there. ha. I don't like airing my dirty laundry either and even though I don't talk much about problems on my blog it doesn't mean they aren't there. I like to keep some things private and would prefer to keep it positive :) LOVE your honesty!

Rebekah said...

I love this. My marriage is NOT perfect but like you, we are 100% committed. I don't like talking about the negative things we deal with in our marriage on my blog because I know I'll regret it later. We're not perfect, but I don't want to disrespect my husband in that!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

When I had to do a drug test for my current position I was FREAKED OUT! Like you, I don't use drugs, so I'm not sure why I was freaked out ...but I was! Ha!

Miss Chelsea said...

Your new job will be fine!! And GASP YOU AREN'T PERFECT?!? i'm sooo not following you anymore ;)

Cara S. said...

I love these posts. Best of luck at your new job. That is always nerve wracking starting something new. I am a new follower! Loving your blog

Rissy said...

ahhh thanks so much love for the info! Now I feel like a little thief because I didn't link back to them before... oops... will amend this Sunday for sure.

I actually like that you mostly blog about happy parts of marriage... as a single gal it just makes me want to be with someone forever even more. However, it is reassuring to hear no one's relationship is all sunshine and rainbows.

As for the work thing, I never sleep before I have to go anywhere I have never been before... scary things... but exciting things!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Miss Southern Vol said...

Love this.... especially after all our talks lately! You know Im the first to gripe about the hubs but the bloggers who are always talking about their perfect husbands.... I have one namely in mind.... drives me nuts! So excited for your first day Monday!! Such exciting things for you sweet girl!

Neely said...

So excited for the new job and to hear about it and I LOL at your drug test comment

Whim Wham Life said...

You are going to be fabulous at your new job:-) Exciting! And the whole marriage thing: True that! Your honesty is refreshing! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the new job. : )
Marriage is amazing, there's no doubt about that. Gotta love the "main events"...they happen in our household too. lol

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, no one has a perfect marriage or a perfect life. I think it's a respectful spouse to not air their dirty laundry. I am the same way with my husband, I don't say anything on the blog that I wouldn't be comfortable telling anyone in person. And I don't say anything that would embarrass him or make him feel uncomfortable. We're also similar to you and your husband - quick to temper, easy to forgive!

Hope you're having a great Friday & enjoy the weekend before the new job begins! :)

Miss Cynthia said...

Fun post! I love the honesty and the fact that you are willing to share that. I am new to your blog and I am hooked!
http://marriedfoodie.blogspot.com/

Raven said...

Ok love your blog and this post! I know the bloggers you are talking about, and no matter what anyone says, NO ONE has a perfect marriage. It's the hardest thing in the world! But so worth it, right? :)

Jenn with Munchkin Land Designs said...

Amber,

I just sent you an email from jenn (at) munchkinland-designs (dot) com.

Jenn

Vijay said...

Summer season right?

Suffering due to hot climate

The only cool place which gives you super cool breeze always


Hey where you seeing ....


see here

http://vinothcraig.blogspot.com

Cool Blogs

Regds

Vijay

d.a.r. said...

Oh hell, who does have a perfect marriage/life/career? Ha! We all just do the best we can with what we have and hope for the best :) Lots of love and a sense of humor helps fill in the gaps, haha.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I don't air my dirty laundry on the blog because I don't want to show just my side of the story. It feels unfair without offering him the chance to reply. But yeah.

Btw, I'd be freaking about a drug test! Ick.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i totally know what you mean about the drug test thing. i get super paranoid whenever i go shopping - i'm always afraid something is going to accidentally fall into my bag and i'll be accused of shoplifting. so weird, right?

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

Every single time I leave Target {which is A LOT}, I'm paranoid that I'm going to set off the theft alarm....not that I have ever stolen anything from Target....so yeah, I totally understand the drug test paranoia ;-)

Kelly said...

Loved this post!! I too would be nervous about passing the drug test haha!! Now that things have slowed down here for me, I'll be around more-- missed you Amber! And could you look any more fab in your first day of work pic?? Love it! Hope you've had a great week!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk