Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here's To New Beginnings

I guess it's time to spill as to why I have been such a sketch ball these days.  Please forgive me for my absence and mysterious explanations but you see, I received some rather shocking news on March 7th.

My boss called a meeting with our corporate staff.  Long and short of the meeting, our company is experiencing downsizing and corporate restructuring as a result of economic performance.  End result - my position was being eliminated effective April 8th.

Four days before my 26th birthday and one day before celebrating my 1 year anniversary with the company, I found out I was losing my job.  Wonderful.

Surprisingly, I didn't cry and I didn't panic.  I went home that evening, told the husband the bad news and promised him I wasn't going to lose my cool over this.  Got in a bubble bath and called the BF.  As I explained my situation to her, I began to feel the anxiety and panic sitting in.  Thankfully, she talked me off my ledge and convinced me that everything would be okay.

And that was the height of my panic.

The past four weeks have been spent meeting with three different recruiters, interviewing with five different companies, working full time to finish my current position and going to grad school.  Not to mention the countless hours of prayer I've spent asking the Lord to reveal Himself to me through this experience.  So as you can see, I've been a little busy.

I remember saying to Steven on March 7th, "God already has this worked out.  He already knows where I need to be.  I just need to get of His way and let Him do His thing."

And those words couldn't have been more true.

I accepted a fabulous offer with a new company last Thursday.  This new position will be a great step in my career.  I will be working as a senior accountant for a publicly traded company that is headquartered in Charlotte.  Such a blessing.  Such an exciting opportunity.  Such a God thing.

I had to cancel four interviews when I accepted this position and I turned down another offer.  Looking back, it's just so apparent how the Lord was working on my behalf through this whole experience.  How when I just truly trusted Him, he answered my prayers.  He didn't just give me a job, He gave me a great job and is already opening doors to new opportunities for my family.

So that's the story.  That's my panic.  Like I said, looking in the rear view mirror, it truly wasn't all that bad.  So amazing how the Lord has turned a bad situation into a huge blessing. 

**And just so you know, this isn't my style.  The "trust the Lord everything is going to be okay" has never been my strong suite.  I'm an anxious, overbearing, worry freak.  When things don't fit nicely into my little plan, I tend to go off the deep end.  I'm not saying that I didn't worry at all during this period, but every time I felt myself begin to panic I just focused my thoughts on prayer and asked for strength and understanding.  And BAM....less than four weeks later the Lord has this all worked out.  I know this was a God thing and not an Amber thing - because, well I'm just not that calm cool and collected!
I'm finishing up my last week at my current job.  It's definitely bittersweet.  I have worked with some amazing people over the past year and I have found valuable mentors in this position. 

But here's to new beginnings.  Here's to what the Lord has in store for us this year. 

Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement.  I really appreciate it!  :)

50 comments:

Allison said...

That is SO exciting! You should be so proud. Congratulations

ty said...

That is so ridiculously super exciting :)

asj said...

so amazing and inspiring! congrats on your new job and professional journey!

Anonymous said...

That's SO exciting, congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I was so sad when I first started reading this, but when I read the whole thing I was SUPER happy! So, congratulations to new beginnings and new adventures :-) God definitely had a great plan for you...sometimes you just have to overcome a few hurdles in the process :-)

Have a great day!

Katie said...

How exciting! Congratulations! One door closes so another can open :) Good luck, lady!!

Kathryn said...

Congrats on and good luck with the new job!

Miss Southern Vol said...

Oh my goodness you sweet thing you have had soo much going on lately... even back in the holidays and now more recently. So proud of your strength in yourself and more importantly in the Lord! I am soooo excited for you!!! I cannot wait to hear what comes out of this new job! Congrats on everything girl- you truly deserve it!

Miss Southern Vol said...

Oh my goodness you sweet thing you have had soo much going on lately... even back in the holidays and now more recently. So proud of your strength in yourself and more importantly in the Lord! I am soooo excited for you!!! I cannot wait to hear what comes out of this new job! Congrats on everything girl- you truly deserve it!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Congrats Amber!! :) SO happy for you!!! Is this closer to your home?

PinkLouLou said...

So happy for you!! xoxo sweet girl! Congratulations!!

Laura said...

YAYYY!!!! I am sooo happy for you!! :) Congrats on the new job! What a wonderful thing! I knew you would get something perfect!!! Cheers!!! xoxoxo

ajs {of MN} said...

i am happy that everything is working out for you! :)

So shay said...

Sooooo stinking excited for you Amber!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

♥ Dani said...

Congratulations! Good for you for persevering and not letting this situation get the best of you... that's wonderful news!!!!! Best of luck with your new job, you'll rock it!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the new job!!! Everything happens for a reason!

Unknown said...

wow -- that's big and overwhelming but so exciting! So glad to hear that things are working out in your favor! can't wait to hear about the new job! congratulations sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

So exciting! Glad everything worked out so well for you! :)

Amanda Leigh said...

I dont think there could be anythingn more stressful than lostng your job.. When my company went through downsizing, it was very hard on everyone. I had to see the reprucussions that fell onto the unlucky positions that didnt make the cut.
You are definitely one lucky gal. I have been miserable in my job for about 2 years now, going on countless interviews, and have yet to receive an offer. Not sure what about me nobody likes =( But look at you, TWO offers in a month!! Im crazy jealous.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like an excellent opportunity and a promotion! Yea!

Ashley said...

Congrats Amber on your new journey, God works in amazing ways. So proud of you for keeping your cool. :)

Rebekah said...

Can I just say that I am so proud that you let God handle it?! I'm a worrier, too and constantly anxious so I know what you mean. It's hard to give it to God, even though He knows how it's going to turn out! Congrats on the new job!

Christina said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy everything worked out so wonderfully! It is so hard to just let go and know there's already a plan for you.

Whim Wham Life said...

Congratulations lovely lady! Gotta love those tests in life! Glad you could take that step of faith and really see provision:-) Exciting times! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Life can be stressful and scary at times, but it always does work out!! Congrats on the new job!!! :)

Melanie said...

Thats great news about your new job! Just goes to show ya when ya trust in God...He always works things out! Congrats!

Mrs. Lukie said...

WOW, Amber! What a great story, from start to end. Our God is an awesome God :)

So happy for you to embark on this new journey! Congratulations!

Jessica said...

It's amazing what life can bring to you when you just give Him the reigns! Congratulations!

Mrs. Lopez said...

I completely understand the fear of loosing your job. Our organization is also laying off due to education budget cuts and I'm worried that my job is going to be one of them eliminated. I do believe that everything happens for a reason.

Congrats on your new job! You're gonna do great!

Anonymous said...

A very inspirational post :)

Rissy said...

tons and tons of congrats on the new position!

And I think you deserve a lot of credit for being the person putting in the effort applying for jobs and going to interviews. You could have very easily decided to get dejected but you didn't! good for you!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Sonya said...

That is amazing! When my husband quit his job to go back to school we wondered if it was really the best decision. But more and more we are reminded that it was in God's plan and we will be taken care of!

LesleyRH said...

That's wonderful!! Best of luck to you!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love this post and am so happy for you. I'm right there with you in going off the deep end when things aren't in my control. Glad everything worked out! Good luck with your new job!

A @ Pink, Pearls, and Polka Dots said...

Congratulations! That's exciting!

Tyly said...

God is good, all the time!!!

Congratulations on your new job!!!!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad that things worked out for you, congrats on the new job! I hope you love it. :D

Jessica said...

I'm so glad that things worked out for you, congrats on the new job! I hope you love it. :D

Bryan & Chelsey said...

Yay for new beginnings! Your new job is going to be so lucky to have you!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

"The "trust the Lord everything is going to be okay" has never been my strong suite. I'm an anxious, overbearing, worry freak. When things don't fit nicely into my little plan, I tend to go off the deep end. "----That is totally me. I have had a pretty rough stressful year. Everything seems to be going wrong. Everyone says God will never give you more than you can handle. It's just so hard though :(

Sassy Amie said...

It is such an amazing thing to truly trust God and let Him do what He does best!!

KW said...

Not to be cliche and say the whole "when God closes one door he opens another" buuuuutttttttt when God closes one door he opens another :-). Congrats on your new adventure!!!

Michaela said...

Love how you wrote this! The Lord definitely has us all in the palm of His hands. How exciting for you. I'm a lot like you- I worry and freak out, forgetting to trust that God has a better plan than I could ever dream up (:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amber! Very exciting!

Mateya said...

I know how hard this was for you, but I am sooo excited that the Lord has blessed you with such an amazing opportunity! It is going to be so wonderful!

THE Stephanie said...

That's fabulous, Amber! So happy for you!

jules said...

I was laid off in November and it was shocking. I couldn't be happier that it happened now though! Good luck to you.

Jordan said...

Wow! That's a lot to deal with! I'm so glad to see that God was so good and faithful! It's sounds like an exciting opportunity, and props to you on being so faithful and trusting through it all. Congrats! :)

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Oh my gosh - what a scary thing to go through! I've survived layoffs and it's not fun either way. But to have God provide you so many opportunities in this situation is amazing. I know you'll be great in the new job!

Meg O. said...

This is so amazing! I am so happy for you! I wish If I lose my job, I hope I would be half as calm and together as you were! That is so inspiring!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk