Thursday, December 17, 2009

He Makes Life Better

Forgive me while I have a sappy moment and express how much I miss my husband.  He has been in San Francisco since Monday morning and I have spent four lonely nights without him.  Don't get me wrong - I enjoy solitude at times.  I consider myself to be quite independent and pride myself in being self sufficient; however, over this past week I have come to realize just how much better life with Steven is than life without him.  I can even give you a list of the reasons why:
  • He is a much better cuddle buddy than the dogs.  Dixie is a selfish cuddler and insists that I lay as she wills so that she is comfortable.  Steven on the otherhand is a generous cuddler. He never fails to mold himself to me so that I am comfortable.  My favorite place in our home is lying on the couch, nestled up to him. The couch is a lonely place when he is away.
  • Dinnertime just isn't the same without him.  There is no purpose in cooking a quality meal for just myself.  I would prefer to skip the hassle of cooking and cleaning dishes when I am by myself; therefore, I generally eat frozen meals or a bowl of cereal.  I miss looking forward to dinner.  I miss sitting down, sharing a meal and discussing our day together.  
  • Nights are more restful with him beside me.  For those of you who have read my previous blog, "Gaurd Dogs on Crack", you know that my wonderful dogs go on high alert when Steven travels.  The fact that the dogs are more at peace while Steven is home is not the only reason I get a better night's sleep.  I find comfort in having him beside me.  Knowing I will wake up and start each morning with my best friend helps me to sleep more soundly and securely each night.
  • ABC Comedy Wednesday is funnier when Steven is around.  Scratch that - all TV is better when I watch it with Steven. I love watching our shows together.  Laughing hysterically when a sitcom plotline hits a little too close to home: crazy family moments, long nights with close friends, trivial fights with your spouse.  It's always funny to play "Name That Friend" and determine who of our friends would be most likely to do something stupid like our favorite sitcom characters.  TV just loses its luster when I am at home alone.
  • Most importantly - I feel more loved when I am with Steven.  I don't know how, but every day he finds some way to actually show me that he loves me.  A surprising kiss in the morning, offering to make dinner if I have had a long day, letting me watch my girly shows even though they drive him crazy, snuggling up to me when I'm cold.  More than just telling me that he loves me, I can actually feel his devotion to me grow each day that we are together - it is an incredibly gratifying, empowering feeling to be so loved by your spouse.
Honestly - this list could go on and on.  I simply miss him.  I miss his laugh. I miss his smile. I miss hearing him sing in the morning if he's in a good mood. I miss hearing him say my name. I am so blessed to have married my best friend and be able to share my life with him each day.  I can't wait for him to come back to me tomorrow. I am especially looking forward to some much needed time off at the end of the year. It will be so nice to revitalize and rejuvenate together before the start of what I am sure will be another crazy year. 

No comments:



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk