Sunday, January 17, 2010

Your Questions Answered

So the questions came pouring in yesterday.  Thanks for wanting to know a little more about litlte ole me!  I have tried to break them into catagories just to make it easier to answer/follow:

Wedding
First Dance Song - "First Dance" by Corey Smith  First Dance via YouTube

Father/Daughter Dance Song - "My Home's in Alabama" by Alabama

Favorite Moment From My Wedding - Okay this is kind of strange actually...my favorite moment would be after the ceremony and after the reception when Steven and I pulled into the Ballantyne Resort and checked into our room.  We were super giddy like little kids.  At one point I'm pretty sure we were jumping up and down.  We just kept saying, "We're married! We're married!" We sat on our bed and ate all the food that our caterer had packed for us (didn't get a chance to eat at the reception) and just giggled.  It was the first time in almost four days that I had a moment alone with Steven and it was absolutely perfect - we were so happy.

My Life
Greatest Accomplishment So Far - This is hard....it's really hard....honestly, I would say it's the life I have created with Steven.  I am 24 years old and we've purchased our own home, bought two puppies and created a little life together.  While many of my friends are still out partying and blowing there money on frivilous things, Steven and I are investing, paying off student loans, making improvements to our home and planning future adventures.  It may not seem like a glamorous accomplishment, but some days I wake up and I'm just really proud of all that we have done together in the two and a half years since we've graduated from college.

What Do I Love Most About Where I Live - Steven and I live in a small town about 10 minutes south of Charlotte.  I love the fact that our hometown has the "small town" feel - friendly neighbors, no traffic, it's quite.  But I also love the fact that within 30 minutes we can see professional football games, hockey games, professional basketball games, theater, great dining experiences, etc.  We are only 2 hours from the mountains and 3 hours from the beach.  Both of our families are only an hour and half away - literally everything is at our fingertips!

The Thing I Love Most About Hubby/Married Life - I love how much Steven makes me laugh.  We play non-stop.  We are constantly teasing/wrestling/joking/etc.  We enjoy the same types of movies and TV shows and we can curl up in our bed on a Sunday afternoon and watch an entire season of The Office and be perfectly happy.  He's my best friend and I get to spend every day with him. It's like having an awesome roommate that I get to smooch - married life is pretty amazing.

My Occupation - I'm a senior accountant for a medium size firm in Charlotte.  I report directly to the CFO, and I am responsible for monthly financial reports, oversee the accounts receivable & accounts payable department & manage cash flow reporting for senior management.  Basically - I'm a nerd!

Hidden Talent - sadly, I really don't think I have a talent.  I guess it would be my aptitude for learning.  I graduated college with a 3.955 and received mulitple university honors and awards.  Granted - that's not incredibly helpful now..but that's really about all I've done that is "talented"

Favorite Memories From Childhood - Christmas!  My Nana would always come and stay with us on Christmas Eve and we would get to open one present Christmas eve night.  Then we would do Santa Claus and open the rest or presents Christmas morning.  After that, we would load up and go to have Christmas brunch with my dad's huge family.  It was just always a great time as a kid - I loved sleeping with my Nana each Christmas eve and loved being with all of my family on Christmas day.  It's sad to me how much those traditions have changed now that both of my grandmothers have passed away....

Random
Favorite Book/Author - Okay, if we're talking about true literature here, it would have to be "Wurthering Heights" by Emily Bronte or "Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. If we're talking books I should be ashamed to love at 25-years-old, the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.  But Nicholas Sparks is by far my favorite author.

Edward or Jacob - This is hard for me.  I am Team Edward when it comes to Bella - I think Edward and Bella are right for each other.  But if it came down to choosing one for myself, it would be Jacob.  I love the playfulness. He wants to protect her, but he also wants to enjoy life with her - it's the perfect balance.  That's what I would choose for myself.

Favorite Jeans - New York & Co.  They have a "curvy" jean and it fits me SO well - which is hard because not too many jeans fit these curves.

Favorite Place To Shop - TJ Maxx/Home Goods - You can get ANYTHING from there and it's always at a great price.  LOVE IT!

Favorite Color - Pink...oh I love pink!

Thanks for the questions...hopefully I didn't bore you with my answers...in case you haven't noticed, I kind of love to talk and use way too many words....whoops!

14 comments:

Ams said...

I loved all your answers :)
I'm sorry I didn't get any questions in... next time I promise I will!!

Ashley said...

I love that you stopped by my blog because now I get to know more about you too! :) I love that you live in Charlotte...I live in the Ballantyne area. Are you close by?!?

Ashley said...

We should plan a little meeting for lunch or something! It is always nice to meet people that live with you and make new friends!! Let me know what you think! :)

KatieB. said...

Hey! My best friend from college is from Charlotte and back there again. And, her parents own an accounting firm...wondering if it's the same one. Last name is Pesta.

Brown Girl said...

Loved your answers! You and the hubs are super cute together!

Kelsey Claire said...

I loved reading your Q&A. You always learn so much about people when they do this!

Southern Cinderella said...

Thanks for telling us a litle more about yourself! This was so much fun, I will have to do this too!

Stacey said...

Awesome, and now I know your title! Wedding moment also was when you said Amanda looked at you and said "Look Mommy, she is beautiful!"

Kelly said...

I have to say that you are wrong about the talents - you are a great writer - maybe not a person that writes books- but look at the way your blog is growing – there is defiantly talent in your writing –

Anonymous said...

Loved reading all about you! I am from NC and Charlotte is one of my favorite citys.

Annie said...

this was a lot of fun to read, i love learning about new blog friends!! :)

i hope you had a great weekend hun!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Oh Im just not catching up on my reads! I love this! Your town sounds amazing--I want to live there!!!

CIP said...

Haha, I love reading all these answers. Pink is my favorite too!

meghan said...

Cute blog! I live in the mountains of NC, and I have family south of Charlotte, in the Rock Hill area. We visit often. Do you mind if I use your questions for my blog?



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk