Wednesday, March 3, 2010

These Are The Words I Would Say

Happy Hump Day! Hubby and I made it back from Vegas late last night. We left Vegas and it was about 68 degrees – we arrived in Charlotte to snow and freezing temperatures. Talk about Jet Lag! I’m struggling pretty badly this morning. I promise pictures and stories of my first time to Vegas are soon to come.

Poor Steven actually had to drive back to the airport this morning at 5:30am and hop on a flight to Indianapolis where he will be until late Friday night. I wanted to send him an encouraging email this morning – something to tell him how much I love him, how much I appreciate his hard work and how grateful I am to have a loving, dedicated husband. The past few months have been an incredible struggle for the two of us and his love and devotion to me has only grown in spite of everything we are dealing with. So I wanted to tell him that soon – very soon – this will all be over. I wanted him to know ho much I believe in him – but how do you really find the right words? On my way into the office I heard the song These Are The Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets. I had never heard it before, but this song said everything I wanted to express to my husband.

Three in the morning, and I'm still awake
So I picked up a pen and a page
And I started writing just what I'd say
If we were face to face

I'd tell you just what you mean to me
Tell you these simple truths

CHORUS
Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

 Last time we spoke you said you were hurting
And I felt your pain in my heart
I want to tell you that I keep on praying
That love will find you where you are

I know cause I've already been there
So please hear these simple truths

Say... from one simple life to another
I will say... come find peace in the Father

Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here

Take your time and pray
And thank God for each day
His love will find a way
These are the words I would say

 I know that so many of you are struggling as well. I read it every day – fear of upcoming deployments, worries about becoming pregnant, struggles at work or concerns about career choices, family issues and struggles with spouses. You know I don’t like to be super “preachy”, but I hope these lyrics inspire as much hope for you as they do for me. You’re going to do great things – never give up hope – don’t live life in fear – thank God for each day – these are the words I would say…..

12 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE that song! Thanks for the encouragement. =)

Taylor-Made Wife said...

Those are beautiful lyrics. Can't wait to see Vegas pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all are back safely!
Great words. Love it.

ty said...

I hope you don't mind if I use this on my blog. That was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I've been struggling with whether I REALLY AM smart enough to be in law school ... I'm a little older, and I always feel a day late and a dollar short. Reading this made me tear up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Nicole Z said...

I L.O.V.E. that song, too!! It always seems to come on when I really need to hear some words of encouragement, He does such a great job of looking out for us. Thank you so much for sharing them with everyone.

P.S. Love following your blog!

Bryan & Chelsey said...

Amen sister! I love that song! :)

Abbie said...

You have no idea how much I needed to read those words. Thank you Amber!

ty said...

I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about the follow button. I'm still a Blogger amateur :) I finally figured out that I can add people who don't have a follow button by their URL ... like, a week ago. Whoops!!

Mateya said...

I love this song...it's so great! Thanks for sharing and I hope you guys had a wonderful trip to Vegas. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Karren said...

I really needed this today! Thank you for the encouragement! :)

Tori Bella said...

SIMPLY PERFECT.

Alissa said...

This is one of my fave Christian songs. I love most Christian songs but this one just speaks to me. We're glad you're back safe and sound.



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk