The rules are quite simple:
1. List 6 things you are a master in.
2. Pass it on to 6 bloggers you think are masters
So let’s see…six things I’m a master at? This is really difficult. I don’t honestly feel I’ve mastered anything at this point on my life. I’m doing good to keep afloat these days. But I’ll give myself some credit, if I must. Please understand – I use the term “master” very loosely. I’ll just say I’m better at the following tasks than most. :)
- Debits & Credits: Oh yeah, I’m talking accounting lingo people. The standing balance for an asset account, such as cash, should always be a debit. The standing balance for a liability account, such as accounts payable, should always be a credit. I’m still learning all the meticulous details of accounting, but I’ve pretty much mastered the basics.
- Making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich: I’ve learned a little trick that helps the cheese to melt completely through without burning the bread. And no – I don’t even use one of those grilled cheese machines. I make ‘em like my Mema did – and hubby loves them!
-Cleaning my hardwoods: This is a chore that I loathe – and I’ve got it down to an art form. An hour and a half from start to finish for the entire house – that’s down 45 minutes from the two hours and fifteen minutes it used to take.
- Loving my puppies: This one is easy. I know exactly where Bauer likes for his ears to be rubbed. I know exactly how to lay so Dixie can cuddle against me in her favorite spot. They make loving them so easy.
- Bejeweled: Yep – a video game on my phone. I haven’t quite mastered my new Droid Aeris (I still accidentally call people all the time – stupid touch screen!) But I am pretty good at this super fun game – hubby can’t touch my high scores (and I won’t let him forget it!)
- Public speaking: Okay – so this might be a little more of a long shot. I’m not talking about crowds of thousands – I haven’t had that opportunity yet. I am, however, pretty good on the fly when talking in meetings for local organizations or church groups. I just don’t get nervous. It’s easy for me to come up with something to say, a quick answer to a question, quick comeback for a harsh comment. I kind of enjoy it. It’s a strange excitement – I wish I had pursued a career that required me to speak for a living. Shoulda, coulda, woulda!
You know I love to shower fellow bloggers with awards so I would like to pass this along to the following:
- Kaloula at A Million To One because she created a blog specifically about stories of people who are making a difference. How inspirational!
- Risley at Risley because she just announced she's pregnant! Yay!
- KatieF at The Life Of An Army Wife to brighten my Blogger BFF's day as she prepares for her husband's deployment.
- Jenn at Jeans Friday as she's one of my new favorites.
- Mrs. Muffins because I think it's so kind that she does blog makeovers for so many of her blogger friends.
- Ashley at Pink-Ture Perfect because she's a Charlotte local that's constantly giving me great tips in this area!
Happy Monday to all my blogger friends. One day closer to the weekend!