Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Top Two Tuesday - Date Night




It’s time for The Undomestic Mama’s Top Two Tuesday again and this week Taylor wants to know about your Top Two Date Nights (or days!)

By far my favorite date with Steven would be our first Valentine’s Day celebration. It was our freshman year of college and I not to subtly made it known that I expected big things. (Hey – I was only 18!) Steven told me to be ready that afternoon and he picked me up at my dorm. We just started driving. I should have picked up by the fact that we were headed East that we were going to the beach – but somehow that escaped me. 3 hours later we arrived in Wilmington, NC. It was incredibly romantic. Steven took me to one of his favorite restaurants on the waterfront where we had dinner by candlelight. After dinner we walked around downtown Wilmington hand-in-hand. He bought me a rose from a street vendor and blind folded me to our next destination. I knew he was taking me to the beach, but I was more than willing to play along. Unfortunately, he got lost and a policeman pulled Steven over as his driving was a little erratic. Imagine the policeman’s surprise when he found a blind folded woman in the car! After a brief explanation, the officer pointed us in the right direction and Steven lead me down the boardwalk to the beach. It was my first time at Wrightsville Beach. Despite the freezing cold temperatures and the darkness, we danced on the beach under the stars and the moon. It truly was magical.

My next favorite “date” was actually an all day affair. It was my favorite day from our trip to Jamaica. Almost every day we had some tour planned or something big to do.  But on this day we did absolutely nothing of importance.  We woke to breakfast in our pj’s on the patio. Spent the entire day being lazy on the beach and enjoying one another’s company. After dinner, we headed to the piano bar and spent hours requesting songs and singing along. Somehow the night ended with us singing karaoke with complete strangers. It was one of those days you wish you could video tape to be able to replay over and over when times get tough – a reminder that life is good and you are blessed to be sharing it with your best friend. It was the best day.

All smiles in the sun
(Yes we were both reading Harry Potter!)

I'm in Jamaica!!

Piano Bar

Purple Rain...Purple Rain....

Go check out The Undomestic Mama & play along!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so tan in that first picture!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

OMG, I am jealous of your tan, Amber!!

I love that you were both reading Harry Potter...that's so cute!

Kristin said...

What fun memories! Oh, I'm so glad to hear that you were both reading Harry Potter. :-) I though my hubby and I were the only ones who did that and I felt like such a nerd for it! We actually liked getting the books on tape for car trips. We've read them all and can't wait for this fall and the DH release! Fun to find an adult HP fan - guess that's why we're Kindred Spirits, huh? Hugs, ~K

Rachel and John said...

Aw that first date was sooo cute! You're a lucky lady! And I love Harry Potter! I wish I could get my husband to read them!

Unknown said...

Both of your days sounds awesome!!

Mateya said...

How romantic for your first Valentine's together! Doesn't get much better than that!

Kelly Marie said...

Both those dates sound so romantic and great!! Also, I LOVE that you are both reading Harry Potter int hat picture!!

KW said...

ooooo, what FUN and romantic dates! BOTH of them! and now, i desperately want to be on the beach. reading harry potter. sipping a margarita.

have a great tuesday pretty!!!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Awww so sweet!!! You look ridiculously tan in that beach picture! Wow!!!!!! :)

p.s. I left you an award on my blog!

The Undomestic Mom said...

okay I want you tan!!!! and how fun!

Miss Southern Vol said...

Sooo I copied the blog idea for the day! I officially would blog-topicless today! HAHA love your pictures! So freaking cute

Kristin said...

Hi again! Thanks for stopping by Windy Poplars yesterday! I would like to think of myself as a Southern Belle, but sadly, I have neither the natural grace, sweetness, or elegance. :-( I'm really just a Yankee transplant! Ha! Each year brings more "southern" to my blood though...maybe there's hope for me yet!

Kelly said...

WOW, look at you tanny! Simply gorgeous :-) What a FUN post!!

Brittany said...

Look at that tan you pretty girl! I'm jealous :-) I really want to visit Jamaica!

The first date you talked about is really sweet by the way :-)



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk