I convinced Steven to watch the Oscar's with me last night. We aren't generally big on awards shows around our house, but for some reason I wanted to watch the Oscar's last night. Thankfully, Steven consented to watch the red carpet show & award show without a fight.
I found myself eagerly chatting away regarding the red carpet event.
"Keith Urban & Nicole Kidman really are the best matched celebrity couple. They get to go to all the awards ceremonies: CMA's, Grammy's, Golden Globe's, Oscars. How sweet is that!?!?"
"That is such a girlie dream of mine. To attend a red carpet event draped in a stunning designer gown and high end jewels. To have an entourage of people fixing my hair, nails and makeup. It's on my 'never gonna happen' bucket list."
And that's about the time that Steven interjected, "So am I supposed to be one of your girlfriends tonight? Pretend that I actually are about 'Who Wore It Best'? If so - that's cool, just tell me....."
I guess you gotta give the boy credit for trying. At least he was kind enough to watch the red carpet show and awards ceremony without complaining. He did comment on how much he loved Reese Witherspoon's hair (hubby's gotta a thing for big hair) and was very annoyed when I informed him that wasn't her real hair. "Why you gotta ruin my dreams", he begged.
So.....since I didn't have a girlfriend handy last night to discuss the best and worst of the Oscar's here are some tidbits I found interesting:
- What was with Anne Hathaway? I understand that the producers were trying to draw a younger demographic - but she seemed way too flighty to host the Oscar's in my opinion. She kept fidgeting with her dresses and touching her waste. And she cat called as every presenter came on the stage. Cat calling at the Oscar's - really??
- James Franco wasn't much better in my opinion. I know he's all studly and cool - but he seemed much more like a statue than a sex symbol to me. Yes, my heart melted on the rare occasion that he actually smiled or laughed - but again, that was rare.
- Since when did Gwyneth Paltrow become an actual country singer? I know she did a country movie in which she sang - but seriously, she's no Carrie Underwood. I love GP. She's a bombshell and I think she's a fabulous actress. But her performance last night was sub par and she looked like she was in pain while singing.....
- Mila Kunis & Justin Timberlake were my favorite presenters. I think they pulled off the light hearted, but respectful demeanor The Academy was going for. She was stunning.
- How painful were the acceptance speeches? Gotta love Melissa Leo dropping the f bomb. *Classy*
- Am I the only person who didn't know about half of those movies? I know that's how it usually goes with the Oscars - but seriously, I have only seen The Social Network.
Thanks for letting me share those few tidbits. Really needed to get that off my chest. If you watched last night - what were your thoughts???
1 year ago