Friday, September 17, 2010

Calling All Bloggers - FIGHT GONE BAD!!!

Happy Friday beautiful bloggers.  I hope you are looking forward to this weekend as much as I am.

Remember how one of my 101 in 1001 was to complete the USMC Mud Run in Charleston?  Well Steven and I were going to complete the USMC with another couple on September 25th.  One tiny problem - we went to register our team online and the event is sold out!  Looks like I will have to wait until next year to make that one off my list.

But when one door closes another one opens.  Enter the CrossFit Fight Gone Bad Fundraiser which is being held in Charlotte, September 25th. 


Essentially, hundreds of CrossFitters from the Charlotte and surrounding area will meet to complete an intense WOD (workout of the day) to raise money for three charitable organizations: Livestrong, Wounded Warrior Project and CrossFit Foundation.  These charities provide cancer research, unique support and programming for severely wounded service members & provides financial assistance to men and women of our military, law enforcement and first responder communities during times of need.

My husband, Steven, has decided to compete in the event next Saturday.  Since he decided to compete kind of last minute, we are doing all that we can to raise funds as quickly possible.  Which is where my beautiful readers come in.  Would you please consider a donation to support our cause?  No amount is too small and giving is so easy.  Follow the link to Steven's Fight Gone Bad Homepage and click on the tab labled "Donations" then simply click "Donate Now". 

Any and all support is greatly appreciated: $1, $2, $5, $10 - again no amount is too small! I promise this workout will be *intense* and Steven will work hard for your money! Please check it out and help me prove to hubby once and for all that this blogging world is truly a community of caring and supportive friends sharing life together!

Have a blessed weekend!!!

2 comments:

OneCraftyFox said...

Best of luck this weekend!!

And no worries, the slumber party runs all weekend, you can join any time :)

Unknown said...

That is so cool!!! Good job owkring down your list, you should email me your link and we can motivate each other:-) I already got 3 of my friends to join in and a few fellow bloggers. Thanks again for the inspiration!!!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk