Thursday, September 2, 2010

Saying Goodbye To My Favorite Summer Fashion

It dawned on me this morning that Labor Day is this weekend.  Which brought one very tragic realization to the forefront of my mind.....

This weekend signifies the beginning of my six month drought.  Why so dramatic you say?

Well my favorite summer fashion goes right out the window for a brutally long six months during Labor Day weekend. I will no longer be able to wear white: white shoes, white cotton shorts, white linen skirts - no more bright white ensembles.  Period.

I know many of you may not follow this golden, fashion rule - but I am a Southern girl through and through -which means I wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything white below the waist from Labor Day to Easter.  It's one of those old rules I cannot dismiss no matter how hard I try.

I seized the opportunity to enjoy one last work day in my favorite white linen skirt this morning.  I almost grabbed the white sling backs as well, but decided not to overdo it.

I have decided to welcome this weekend with a smile on my face.  After this excruciatingly hot summer, I will gladly pack away my white attire and embrace the warmer colors and trends of fall fashion: scarves, boots, accessories. 

I am more excited for fall than I have ever been before.  Bring on the football and cooler temperatures!

15 comments:

chloë. said...

I'm doing the same thing! I wore a white skirt yesterday and white shoes today! Tomorrow I'll have to wear all white to savor my last work day of white wearing! LOL

Kelly said...

I wore my bright white skirt yesterday, guess I may pair it with a different shirt and heels and wear it again tomorrow for one last hoora before fall colors come out and play! I am looking forward to wearing my sweaters soon, this summer has been the hottest ever! (we are also hitting Carowinds just a few more times before it all winds down :( .. goodbye summer)

Mateya said...

Wooohoo! I canNOT wait for fall! I am getting so excited about decorating our house for fall, baking with pumpkin, and watching football games! There is already starting to be a crispness in the air around here and I LOVE it!

Leslie said...

I am a southern girl as well, and as much as I hate it, I NEVER wear white below the waist after labor day! We live on an island and it is definitely warm enough, I just can't break that fashion rule!

Sara Elizabeth said...

I certainly never break the no white after labor day rule as well. The only time I did was for my Formal Pledging because our Recruitment is Labor Day weekend and we all felt like walking fashion violators!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, girl. No white after Labor Day. None. If there's even a question of something being "too summer white," it goes in the summer closet.

Unknown said...

Yes I will rock my white this weekend too . . . sad but happy at the same time:-) yes I agree, bring on fall and football!!!

Unknown said...

P.S. grabbing your button, why didn't I do this earlier?! :-)

Cheryl said...

Oh, you're lucky you can even wear white! I would get it dirty right away. :) BTW, I live up in Massachusetts, central Massachusetts. About 45 minutes west of Boston.

Brandi said...

Ohh I know what you mean about being Southern. The looks and talk that would go on! Oh the humanity! I will have to get in my white wearing this weekend as well! I may even need to rearrange my closet to make room for Fall!

Sammy said...

I think I would be disowned if I wore white after Labor Day if my mother heard about it, plus I'm sure I would be the talk of the office LOL

Tammi said...

You crack me up! This is one rule that has never been hard for me to follow. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I own a single piece of white, below the waist attire. I know, I know, that might sound crazy, but just think what my white skirt or shorts would look like after a day on the ranch.....not to mention a day with a two year old! Yikes! Enjoy your day tomorrow my dear!

Jordan said...

I did the same thing! White pants made their last showing until next year! Sad... but at the same time fall weather is great and the clothes are so fun (and warm, which better suits this cold natured girl!).

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I'm from the south, but I wear white all year round. I just love it too much.

ens said...

ooo thanks for the reminder! im a northern girl but i follow the golden rule too :)



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk