Monday, September 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one}  Another great weekend!  I really am just feeling blessed these days.  I have a wonderful husband to come home to each night, an amazing support group of family and friends, we are a part of a challenging, inspiring church/life group and God continues to bless us in ways that I never expect. 

{two} Bama almost gave me a heart attack this weekend!  I was only able to watch the first half of the game versus Arkansas because I had to attend a recruitment event Saturday night (I'm an advisor for my sorority).  I left the house during halftime and the boys were trailing 7-17.  Steven was under strict instructions to text me updates every couple minutes.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the what I hear was amazing second quarter comeback - but the Crimson Tide pulled out our most important victory of the season so far.  ROLL TIDE!

{three}  It's raining here today and I really wish I were back in bed curled up with a good book.  Monday's are hard enough - but rainy Mondays are the worst!  I am grateful for the break in the heat though - here's hoping the fall weather is here to stay!

{four}  Steven completed the Fight Gone Bad Charity Workout on Saturday and he did an amazing job.  It was so much fun supporting Steven and other members from the CrossFit Charlotte team.  I plan to participate in the event next year.

Push Press


Caught mid air on a box jump
 
Perfect form on wall balls.

{five}  I'm so excited to put my fall decorations out this week.  I have purchased a new flag for the front yard and a few decorative pieces for our porch. I promise to take pictures and give you a glimpse of our home very shortly!

{six}We saw "Wall Street - Money Never Sleeps" yesterday afternoon.  It was a great movie - but it just made me mad.  It's essentially about the fallout on Wall Street which lead to the economic crisis we currently face.  The greed, corruption and complete lack of oversight that allowed a handful of powerful, rich men and women to completely destroy America's financial stability.  It makes me sick to my stomach because while middle class America is still struggling to regain a sense of financial security that many of us have lost over the past two years, the culprits who causes this mess are still wealthy and continuing to work in the industry they nearly bankrupt.  It just burns me up.

{seven}   It's another busy week here for me.  I feel like I'm totally slacking as a blogger these days.  Between work, CrossFit and church I have very little extra time to keep up with regular posts and reading other posts.  I'm hoping to do a better job this week as I truly enjoy reading what my favorite bloggers have to share.

12 comments:

So shay said...

I saw that movie too yesterday and it made me mad as well! It's ridiculous how rich people just want to keep getting richer and richer, while screwing people over. It's depressing, and just don't understand how people live with themselves. Greed, it's an ugly thing!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! Way to go Steven ;-)

We had rain ALL last week, so I'm enjoying the sunny day that we're having today. I can't wait for fall decorations as well! Hope the rest of your day goes well!

Kelly said...

I would rather it rain while I'm at work that for it to be all sunny!~ Then I just want to go outside! But either way...I'm thankful for the cooler temps today. Is it just me or did it feel like this summer was the hottest ever!!!!!

Hope you have a good week, maybe you can curl up with that book tonight!

Michelle (michabella) said...

I cant believe yall do CrossFit! That is awesome! And I wanted to see Wall Street!! But idk if I want to now... My coworkers say I need to watch the first one before the new one. Oh and I so hope Bama beats UF this weekend! I hate the Gators! :)

Its not raining here today but I know what rainy Monday's are like.. boooo. Hope you make it through the day <333

ty said...

I was very sad about the outcome of the game, but I knew you'd be happy! :)

Christina said...

It was quite a game! Arkansas surprised me, that's for sure. Good luck this weekend! I'm hoping my Gators can bring a win, but I'm not quite so sure that will happen!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been busy! So rpoud of you and crossfit too:-)

Love your list today!

Mateya said...

Can't wait to see your fall decorations and finally get a peek at your house :)

Rebekah said...

I agree, rainy Mondays are the worst! I wish it was feeling like fall. It's back up to 100 degrees where I am. I want to see that movie, and I have a feeling a lot of people are feeling the same way you are about it.

I'm excited about the Scarf Swap with you!

Meg O. said...

Man, you are such a beast with your CrossFit! And yay for Steven! Sounds like a great weekend, too!

Kelsey Claire said...

Crossfit seems like it is treating y'all very well! I love all the pics. You should take some pics of your fall decorations!

Lindsey said...

I'm excited about Fall decor too! Still getting some of my things out and placed around the house! It's oh so fun! =)



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk