Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Baaaack

Hello beautiful bloggers!  Okay - so I've technically been back from vacation since Saturday - but I swear I haven't had an opportunity to hop on here and say hello until now.

Vacation was amazing as expected.  Destin is one of my favorite places to visit.  The beaches are beautiful and thankfully there was not a drop of oil in sight.  Could a girl ask for more??

But I do have one complaint - can someone please tell me why it is that in order to go on vacation you have to work double time the week before and after?  I mean - is it really a break when you have to spend two full weeks working non-stop just to be able to get away for a week? 

This week is beyond crazy for me because I am taking a half day on Thursday and all day Friday off to attend one of my besties wedding on Friday evening.  Hubby won't be joining me at this wedding - I'm a bride's maid and will be super busy AND a close family friend of his is getting married on Saturday.  So he is going to Winston Friday to help them get set-up.  I will get up early Saturday morning and make the four hour drive from Wilmington to Winston and join him at the wedding Saturday evening.

Oye - just typing that makes me tired!

So two and a half days of work left for me then I'm off for another long weekend.  Until then I will just dream of my beautiful beach vacation in Destin - how I wish I could on my spot on the beach right now.....


21 comments:

Mrs. Lopez said...

Glad you had a good time on vacation! We missed you!

Danielle said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing time :)

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Glad you're back Amber!!! I was starting to miss ya! ;) I'm so glad you had an awesome time but I totally understand about work before and after. It's exhausting just thinking about it. Hope you get everything taken care of with ease!! :D

KW said...

sounds like you had a GREAT vacay! glad you're back!

Sarah Ann said...

Glad you're back! I've been to Destin and I love it there!!

Kelly said...

Me too - girl I wish I was in the sand right now! I may buy a sand box to put under my desk so that I can close my eyes and dream!

Have a good - short - week!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great vacation... but I agree - what the heck with having to work MORE just to get that break?! Boo on that business!! Welcome home :)

Ms. Emmy N said...

Wow, wild week for you! I hope you were able to relax on your vaca at least! But I know what you mean, I always feel like I need a vacation, from my vacation, when I get home :)

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

So glad you had a great time!! I can't wait to see pics! Hope you have a great week! ~Andrea

Sarah said...

Glad you enjoyed your beach vacay! =)

And just reading that you're driving from Wilmington to Winston makes me cringe... That's not going to be a fun drive. But, wave at Kernersville for me please! I soooooo miss living there!

Brittany Ann said...

Wow! No rest for you! Good luck managing your wedding-filled weekend!

Unknown said...

Happy you enjoyed it sweets!

Melanie said...

So glad to hear you had a nice vacation in Destin..sounds so beautiful! Thank goodness you didnt have any problems w/the oil spill! I know what you mean about work..my husbands work has always seemed to be the same way!

Miss Southern Vol said...

I am going through the same stuff at work right now! I am leaving for vacation Thursday so this week has been just crazy trying to get ready for vacation! HAHA It shouldnt work like that! Glad you enjoyed your trip :)

Miss Southern Vol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
d.a.r. said...

Welcome back friend!

Mateya said...

Welcome back...I've missed you! :)

Glad you had such a wonderful trip...adn what a busy weekend you have coming up! Enjoy the wedding...can't wait to see pictures :)

Melissa said...

I have never been to Destin but I have heard good things! Have fun at your friend's wedding!

Dave and Ashley said...

Hey! New follower! Your blog is super fabulous! Can't wait to read more. And I am so completely jealous of your vacation. The weather here in Germany can be a drag sometimes!

Mrs. Pick said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time!

Kelly said...

YES!! I hear ya! We got in Sunday night for our vacation too and all I have been doing until NOW is working, Working, and more WORKING!!! ;-) Have a great weekend, Amber!!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk