Monday, June 28, 2010

Running Mix Suggestions??

Okay - so now that I am back from vacation and back from my 3 day wedding weekend extravaganza - it's time to get serious.  (BTW - I survived the weekend - barely - but I survived and it's back to the office for me!)

Have you ever bit of more than you could chew?  I think I may have done just that.  A while ago, I agreed to run the USMC Mud Run with my hubby and another couple.  Before you say, "What the HECK were you thinking!?!" - let me explain.  At the time, I was working with a personal trainer twice a week and training for a half marathon.  A mud run of about five miles seemed like cake.  Now - almost nine months later, I'm asking myself What the HECK were you thinking!?!?!

The run is in September and if I don't do some serious training over the next three months - there is no way on earth I will be able to finish.  I have been instructed that tears just aren't allowed.  Steven and Jim don't care if they have to drag me across the finish line - but under no circumstances am I allowed to cry.  (Do they know me?  Really - since when do I have control over my overactive tear ducts!?!?!)

Anywho - so I'm beginning my morning runs again.  I feel as though the only shot I have at completing this is to get my half marathon stamina back.  I am also going to start the 30 Day Shred to build some upper body and core strength - but I know that endurance is what will ultimately get me through.

So I'm calling all bloggers - I need a good running mix.  You know songs with a great beats that will keep me pounding the pavement with excitement.  What do you suggest??

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

I don't know any specific songs, but I did recently start doing Zumba, and that music will PUMP YOU UP!!! So I would maybe look into some Zumba-esque music for your mix!!!

chloë. said...

"Don't Stop Believin'" - techno version. It's my Nike+ power song, and it is AWESOME.

Excited you're getting back in the swing of running! :)

Chrissi Jenkins said...

Christina Aguilera's new album has some GREAT songs I run to!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Lady Gaga!! :)

agalandherdog said...

Here's what I listen to to keep me motivated:

Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas
How Low - Ludacris
4 Minutes - Madonna
Paper Planes - M.I.A.
We Run This - Missy Elliot

For some reason, those songs can get me through the really tough stretches because the beats are fast. Good luck!

Unknown said...

"Jesus Walks" by Kanye West and "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne always get me through tough runs!

Anonymous said...

i just did a post on this a couple weeks ago! Check it out here: http://www.sweetheartimustconfess.com/2010/06/whats-on-your-playlist/

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred. In two weeks, I lost about 5 inches and 6 lbs.

It's great!

d.a.r. said...

Look at you!! You sound so upbeat and positive, my heart is beaming reading your blog :)

Good luck with the training. I have strange tastes in music, so I won't weigh in here :)

Gracie Beth said...

I know this is not for everyone but when I run I like to listen to REALLY ghetto hardcore rap. We are talking OLD T.I. and stuff like that



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk