Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Post It Note Frenzy - Vacation Edition


Be jealous - be very jealous.  I am leaving for the beautiful Destin, FL THIS Friday after work.  If all goes according to plan, my oh-so-overworked toes will be in the sand come Saturday morning!

As  much as I am looking forward to a week of vacation - I'm not looking forward to the next three days trying to prepare for the trip.  Am I the only one who experiences pre-vacation anxiety?  I'm going to Destin with my MIL for a week and leaving hubby and the puppies at home.  As much as I'm looking forward to the break, there is a tiny part of me that feels incredibly guilty for leaving Steven all by his lonesome while I go enjoy the sun.  But unfortunately he can't join me on this trip and he insists that I take a week off and relax - so I'm going.  I can battle my personal demons while sipping on a fruity beverage and working on my tan (something tells me I just might survive!)

I just can't seem to overcome this feeling of anxiety.  No matter how well I try to prepare for a vacation, I always forget something of vital importance.  So I'm trying to start packing and planning now (I usually reserve this for the night before a trip - which may lead to my forgetfullness!) You should see my purse, wallet and desk.  Full of post its and reminders!  I'm hoping my extra planning and neurosis will allow me to finally leave for vacation with absolutely everything I need.  I hate having to run to the store on vacation for those forgotten items - it's so annoying. 

Here's what I have so far....








Anything that I am forgetting??

16 comments:

Kelly said...

HAIRDRYER!! That at my chargers and pillow are my three MUST HAVES that I've fogotten sooo many times before!! (as well as makeup, jewelry, and shoes... but those are an obvious pack! ;-))

Exciting week!!

Mrs. Pick said...

Looks like you have things under control! I always like to bring my own pillow and blanket! Have an amazing trip and get a tan for me too, please!

Mrs. Lopez said...

So jealous! Hope you have tons of fun with your MIL!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Healthy snacks for the road!! If I don't bring some I end up eating junk from gas stations or fast food restaurants!! Have an awesome time girl!! :)

Alissa said...

Oh my gosh I just wrote about and visited Destin for the 1st time. It's now about an hour and a half from where we live now. Oh I know it's fun time with your MIL, maybe next time we could meet how awesome would that be?

Mateya said...

Looks good to me! I am super jealous of this trip but you SOOOO deserve it!

chloë. said...

great post-it's! love it!

and FYI, there's another chance to be my feature runner today! :)

Annie said...

sounds like you are prepped and ready to get on your way!
i always bring a blanket (my blankie, ha!) ;)
hope you have a wonderful vacation!!

~*~Lilly~*~ said...

Oh i am right there with ya hun! I leave next wednesday a.m. & i need to get on a jump start so i am not doing this and a million other things next monday (my bday) & tuesday. GOod luck & HAVE FUN!

Sarah said...

I'd be jealous, but I live in Hawaii! ;-) Don't forget your sunglasses!! Snacks for the road are always a good idea. I like to get a mask to wear when I sleep in hotels. I'm a little jealous that you can hang out with your MIL (alone...) for a week and be able to drink alcoholic bevs!!! My MIL would freak! Hope you have a great time gettin' your tan on! =)

Kelly said...

I always have to remind myself twice to remember my wide tooth comb or pick. I can't comb my wet hair without it and you should see me running into a store with a towel on my wet nappy hair! Biolage Milk is a must for the beach if you want to protect that hair!)

Anonymous said...

I would be jealous, but my MIL isn't the hang out type, and I live on the 3rd most beautiful beach in the world.

KIDDING.. I AM WAY JEALOUS! Have such a good time! Sunscreen would be my number one thing to remember but I' always forgetting little things: toothbrush, deoderant... and I suffer BIG pre-trip anxiety! It will all work out :)

Anonymous said...

i am very jealous. I need a vacation!

Melanie said...

Enjoy your trip to the beach!!! Might want to take extra sandals and bathing suits if you have them! You never know when sandals might tear up in the middle of a trip!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Just came across your blog..love it! Am now a follower! I just started blogging as an outlet, and way to keep my individuality iin my ever changing life led by football... love for you to check it out. Have fun on your vacation :)

C Mae said...

Stumbled upon your blog as I am also new to the blogging world....May i inquire where or how you added the post it notes on here? what a great thing! hope to hear from you! -Cmae



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk