Monday, June 28, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one} I've been such a horrible blogger lately that I feel two posts in one day is completely appropriate today - a little randomness is always a good thing.

{two} I am in better spirits lately.  God is has granted me a peace over the past few weeks that I cannot describe.  I'm learning to flourish even when things are uncertain.  I've given my doubt to my Savior - and I'm a happier me because of it.

{three} I love tan lines.  Some people think they look trashy - but I love them.  I think they are sexy in a weird way. 

{four} After my unbelievably long/fun filled weekend - a Starbucks venti non-fat, iced white chocolate peppermint mocho with no whip would hit the spot right now.  I'm dragging today!

{five} Baby fever has yet to go away.  It's been here for three months now.  Does that mean it's here to stay?

{six} I can't wait for the premier of Eclipse tomorrow night.  My mom is coming up from SC and we are going to the 12:01 premier.  I'm sure I will hate myself at work on Wednesday - but it will be totally worth it!

{seven} I am not liking Lost Season 4.  It's too crazy - too difficult to understand.  Everyone keeps telling me that season 5 is so good and to just keep watching - but I'm not so sure.  It's pretty bizarre.

{eight} My eight-year-old sister-in-law informed us that "Eight is the new twenty-two" this weekend.  Umm...Lord help me when I have children - because I'm pretty sure kids are growing up WAY too fast these days!

{nine} I wish it were cool for adults to wear silly bands.  I think they are kind of cool - especially the hot pink ones.  I would color coordinate them with my outfits each day.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

8 is the new 22?!?!? Oh Lord! And I think we should start an adult silly bandz trend. My daughter has some and I am constantly walking out of the house with some on!

ajs {of MN} said...

hi fellow blogger, i am totally with you on {three} & {five} ;)
thanks for the share.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Hahahaha!!! 8 is the new 22?!? What!!

Her parents have a loooong road ahead with her!

PS- I wore silly bands this weekend...by fault, but I think they may have to make an appearance in my wardrobe more often! :)

Glad you're back, girl! I missed you!

Danielle said...

Uggh baby fever is killin' me! *Shh, don't tell my hubs* And what in the world is a silly band?! I obviously don't spend enough time with 22...err...8 year olds.

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Hi there! I had baby fever right when we got married but it has since subsided. Good luck with it! Hope you have a great day! ~Andrea
http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

chloƫ. said...

{two} makes me happy :)

I concur with {three}

{five} Cure for baby fever? Have a baby!

{nine} Who cares if it's cool? Wear 'em anyway!

Mrs. S said...

glad everything is going well girly!

Mrs. Pick said...

8 is the new 22 yikes! Glad things are going well! I enjoyed your list!

Heather said...

So I agree with you on Lost! My hubby and I made it through Season 3 and then we were like, this is getting way to sci-fi-ish for us.

Glad I found you at Carissa's-I'm a new follower:-)

Heather

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I can't wait for Eclipse, either!! :)

Lily Dawn said...

What a cute blog! love the name =)

I see people our age wearing silly bands all over the place here... my little boys love them!

oh, and white chocolate peppermint... my favorite too!

Lily

Amanda said...

New follower!!! Such a cute blog!!

I, too, LOVE tanlines!!! I think they look like you 'earned' them having fun and didn't cheat in the fake-n-bake. =]
And "8 is the new 22" is HILARIOUS and SCARY all at the same time!
I'm a 2nd grade teacher, and my kids were OBSESSED with those silly bands... needless to say when they would give me one, I wore it every day. :) I claimed it was b/c they gave them to me, but really I thought they were neat too ;) The kids would ask, "which ones do you have now?! Who is it from?!" so cute! Oh and I have baby fever, too.. well that or an obsession with baby bedding, furniture, and picking names. =]

Come visit me!
http://livingbytheminute.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Claire said...

I think that it is so coll that your mom is coming up to see Eclipse with you! My mom barely knows what Twilight is!

Sarah said...

Ugh, I wanna go see Eclipse but I don't think I'm gonna go opening night...or weekend...

KEEP WATCHING LOST!! You really won't regret it. Just push through those crazy episodes. It doesn't really get a lot better, but it will be worth it. Promise!

And if 8 is the new 22, I think we're all in trouble!! Yikes...

Kristin said...

Ha! Love the 8 year old quote. That's priceless! Hope you have loads of fun at the midnight showing! What fun - and so sweet that you get to share it w/ your mom :-) I'm w/ ya on Lost. I don't like it AT ALL. TV is not supposed to mess with your head and make you completely dazed and confused when you turn it off. I am a sworn Lost-a-phobic after watching the finale. - Hope you have a wonderful day my friend...

Megan said...

I'm in a Lost rut as well. At this point I just want to find out what happens at the series finale!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk