Monday, August 9, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one}  For those of you who read my I'm So Tired! post on Friday and asked if I might be pregnant - the answer is no.  Baby fever comes and goes- but I'm pretty certain a bun in the oven is not the cause of my recent exhaustion!

{two}  We installed hardwood floors this weekend.  I am now a firm believer that every person who has said, "It's so easy to install hardwoods yourself" is a complete and utter l.i.a.r!  It was a pretty rough two days, I'm not gonna lie.  Miraculously, my marriage survived and the floors look amazing.  The down side...I'm still sore two days later!

{three}  The first football party of the year has been scheduled.  Bama versus Penn State - Sept 11th at our place.  I'm already looking for yummy football food recipes - so feel free to share your game day favorites!  I'm SO excited!  :) :)

{four}  I think after remodeling my master bedroom and installing hardwoods - I'm done with home renovations for a while.  We might paint the cabinets in our kitchen to match the new floors better - but then again we might not.  I wish I had a ton of money to pay people to do everything for me!

{five} I'm so excited for the finale of So You Think You Can Dance this week.  I really hope Lauren wins!  She's the only girl that has hung in there all season.  I love Kent too - but Mia is right, he's a little to "all smiles" for me.  I can't wait to see the choreography for the finale!

{six}  Once again - life is just *good* this week.  God keeps blessing me in ways that I cannot explain and I'm so excited to see what He will do in my life and marriage over the upcoming months.  I'm just happy!  :)

{seven}  Be sure to enter my CropCircleClay Giveaway if you haven't already!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY TEAM LAUREN!!!!!!!

Brandi said...

Glad you survived the home makeover project. My hubby and I learned really quick that we CANNOT work together and do home improvements. Needless to say, we will save our money and let someone else do it. All it took was installing hardwood floors and a ceiling fan to figure that out! And yes you are right, they make it look so easy on HGTV but it is not that easy to install hardwood!

Angela Noelle said...

Ha! I think there should be some sort of unspoken blogger understanding that unless someone specifically states that they are pregnant, THEY ARE NOT PREGNANT! It cracks me up when I get those comments ;)

Mrs. S said...

We lay wood laminate in our house when we first moved in! Definitely a BIG project..

Anonymous said...

Kudos on the "Do-It-Yourself" floor installation, I don't know if I could have. Glad it turned out great!

Sammy said...

Kudos to you for surviving floor installation, we've been going back in forth on doing that ourselves but we can barely paint a bathroom together without an arguement lol.

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

I'm rooting for Lauren too!!! She's awesome! :D

I didn't read your I'm tired post but I need to go back and read it!! I've been ridiculously exhausted for the past couple of weeks myself.

Congrats on doing the floors! That's awesome that y'all did them yourselves!! Luckily our house already had them so we didn't have to go through that. I think home improvement projects can make you closer to your hubby!! We fight but we have fun too! :)

Melanie said...

We have hardwood floors in our home but thankfully the previous owners installed them!! I'd hate to have to do a job like that myself..hope your soreness leaves you soon!! I think the heat has everyone tired this summer cause I've been feeling the same way!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I think Lauren is great, but I'm all for Team Kent. :)

Dorcas said...

I am with you with the remodeling. I can't wait to be done with ours. Thanks for sharing your randomness.

~blessings

Dorcas
http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

just found your blog and it is absolutely adorable!!

Unknown said...

Oh I hear you on the hardwood floors! We just did one room and my legs were killin me! So happy you guys survived;-)

Tyly said...

TEAM LAUREN! I don't get the huge attraction for Kent. I really don't like when he gets that 'deer in headlights' look every week... as though he's shocked the girls are screaming for him. He knows they love him!

Congrats on the new floors!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I've always heard that same thing - installing hardwood floors are easy peazy! I know you wouldn't lie! I can't wait to see pictures of the transformation!!

Ahhhh, I so wish I could be there at your Bama party! How fun will that be?!

agalandherdog said...

Installing hardwood is NOT easy. Everyone told me the same lie and I'm not friends with those people anymore. :)

And here's a recipe for some dip that is so easy:

Hot Onion Soufflé Dip

Ingredients:
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 (8 oz.) packages of softened cream cheese (I use Neufchatel to cut on calories)
2 cups parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip to cut calories and you can't even tell)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Sautee the onion in olive oil (or you can use one bag of frozen chopped onions, just be sure to use a towel to drain off the excess water once they are thawed and skip the sautee step), and then mix all ingredients (onion, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and mayonnaise) in a bowl until well combined. Transfer mixture to baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes (until hot and bubbling). Serve warm with Ritz crackers.



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk