Monday, August 16, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one} Half marathon training officially begins TODAY!!!!  Twelve weeks until the Dowd Y Half Marathon and me and my running buddy - Erika - are gonna do this!  I'm actually looking forward to training.  We'll see how long this lasts!

{two}  Erika and I ordered our Bondi Bands today to get us in the training spirit.  We will be rocking matching "Operation Shrink A Bootie" bondi bands on race day.  I also purchased a "Go Bama" bondi band - because, you know, football season is coming up!

{three}  In addition to beginning my half marathon training this week, I also begin my first week at Cross Fit.  Umm...I may be kind of insane to have agreed to join this gym with hubby.  Coach A says that most people should do a Cross Fit workout 5-6 times a week for optimal results; however, as I am training for a half marathon - I'm going to incorporate Cross Fit as cross training 3-4 times a week depending on my total mileage for the week.   These workouts last 25-30 minutes *max* but they are so intense!  We did a workout on Saturday and I can still hardly walk. 

{four}  After writing Miscellany One and Miscellany Three - I'm starting to think that I'm crazy!  But I've been complaining for months now about wanting to lose weight - sounds like I have officially jumped into the deep end!  Wish me luck (or if not luck - at least wish that I survive!)

{five} What are with the new blogger templates?  I am trying to help a friend set-up a block and download cute backgrounds from Shabby Blog or Cutest Block on the Block - but none of the backgrounds work correctly with new templates.  Whatever happened to the minima template?  I'm so tech challenged - can anyone help me figure this out so I can help my friend??

{six}  Don't forget to enter my Keep Calm Shop Giveaway which ends tomorrow night!

20 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

I'm proud of you for your marathon training! That is so awesome!

I can't wait to start crossfit too, but I have to wait until I get the go-ahead from my doc before I can start working out again.

Way to go!!!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck with everything! I am starting the Couch to 5K today-hoping I am in "couch" shape. Crossfit is supposed to be awesome-I've had a lot of friends do it!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I had to look up what a 'bondi band' was!! So cute! :) I love the one you and your friend ordered!

Cross Fit does a body good - you'll see results in a mere two weeks!! Good luck with everything! My training for my 1/2 marathon starts soon! I'm starting 7 months in advance... because I am at like snail speed! Ha!

Mateya said...

Good luck with the Half training!

I am sooo jealous you are doing Crossfit! I was doing something similar before I moved. I really started looking into Crossfit and knew I would love it and then I got this job and moved. Needless to say, there is nothing similar to it in Hickville USA where I live now :(

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Good luck with all the exercise stuff you have going on!!!! You can do anything you put your mind to! :)

Natalie said...

yay, i love hearing that you are getting fit and active! I am trying so hard to STAY on the bandwagon instead of falling off like i usually do after a few weeks. I've been doind well though!I have never heard of crossfit! sounds intense!

Cheryl said...

I am right there with you! I need to lose a good 10 pounds or so myself and I have a goal to do a 5K in the fall. Good luck to you, I bet you'll have fantastic results! :)

ty said...

Yaayyy half marathon! Good luck ... I TOTALLY slcaked on my training in March and managed to finish still standing :) I'm now searching for an Oklahoma Bondi!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you and the half marathon! You'll do great! I recently took up running and I'm working on distance right now. A half marathon my be in my future too, so I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Amber,
When you're on the blogger dashboard, click "design," then go to "edit html," scroll down, and click "select design templates." You'll want the design templates that were launched in 2006. Hope this helps!
And you go, girl! I wish I had half your motivation to exercise right now.
Annie

Ms. Emmy N said...

Good for you!! You will no doubt be in great shape within a few weeks of all this training! Good luck!

Marianne Pysh said...

I just incorporated a template from Cutest Blog on the block yesterday and didn't have any problems. What issues are you having? If you want to email me, I'll see if I can help!

Marianne

Melanie said...

Good luck on your marathon!! I noticed my background on my blog seemed to 'disappear' a little while back..might have been something to do with the changes that you were talking about blogger did. Hoping I can get that straightened out (and that you can continue to help your new bloggy friend)!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Good luck training! I need to borrow some of your motivation!

Laura said...

yay to your training!!! good luck babe!! I'm training for a 10 K right now.. (maybe will try a half marathon next)... but figured I had to start somewhere. I've tried crossfit too!!-- you aren't going to love it at first.. and you're going to definitely think it's crazy, but it's an AMAZING workout. You will see such a difference in your body.. and will eventually love the workouts. :)

Jordan said...

Way to go on the half marathon! Hope your training goes really well. I have never heard of those bands- really cool! That would have totally solved my eye sweat issue at the 5k a few weeks ago!

Ms. J said...

That's great you are doing all that exercise! I can tell that Roxie is definitely going to be a runner and I need to start getting myself in shape to catch up with her!

Anonymous said...

This week also is 12 weeks away form my 1/2 marathon too!! I look forward to folloring along with your training!

Brittany said...

That is amazing that you're training for a 1/2 and doing cross fit! I looked it up online and I think I'm going to try out a free class on an upcoming Saturday to see what it's like :)

The bondi band slogan is hilarious - I love it! :)

Good luck with all of this - keep us posted!

Stacey said...

I can not believe that you didn't share that your mom and dad came for supper on Saturday and we had so many laughs! It was a great day....



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk