Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me - Or My Blog Anyway!



No - it's not my birthday.  I'm not ready to turn 26 quite yet.  It is, however, my little old blog's birthday!  I can't believe that I wrote my first blog post a year ago today.  I can say with 100% honesty that I n.e.v.e.r imagined that blogging would become such a large part of my life.

I have met so many true friends through blogging. (I'm sure as my hubby reads this he is rolling his eyes - yes, I have made real friendships through blogging!)  It honestly amazes me that so many people think what I have to say is worth reading each day. 

I figured that as a tribute to my blogger birthday I would do a little recap of some of my favorite posts throughout the year.  As always, they are true life events that have occurred, and unfortunately most of them are hysterically comical because they are SO embarrassing. 

If you've been a follower from the beginning, these are nothing new to you.  But so many people have joined over the past few months that I thought it might be nice to highlight some of my favorite posts.

So if you have a moment, feel free to see below for some pretty humorous stories and a few incredibly personal glimpses into my inner most thoughts.

A Little Dose of Humor
Little Old Me Goes To The Gun Range
True Life I'm A Klutz
Zumba Nightmare
Dogs Gone Wild
Move Over Carrie Underwood - Or Not

Tiny Pieces of My Heart
If I Could Write A Letter To Me
I Remember
Wishing For One More Memory
What Happened To Kindness?
Proud Sister Of A Navy Sailor

Thank-you again for all the comments, encouragement and laughs over the past year!  :)  I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much I enjoy sharing with you!

PS - Don't forget to enter my Keep Calm Shop Giveaway that I just posted this morning!

20 comments:

Petite Gorgeous said...

Congrats on reaching 1 year with your blog :). My one year is still far ahead.

Hope you will get a chance to enter my giveaway of a $50 gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond.
Visit Petite Gorgeous for more details.

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!!!! Woohoo!!! I still consider myself to be a new follower so I am heading to each of these posts! I can't wait to read them!!! You always have the most hilarious stories and I can always seem to relate to them!

Mateya said...

Woohoo! One year blogiversary!!! Yay!

Tyly said...

Happy blogiversary!!

I look forward to reading many more years. :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! :)

Angela Noelle said...

Yay! Happy Blogiversary ;) I'm about to hit five years... hard to believe! So glad I found your blog, and look forward to many more stories from you.

Tess said...

Happy blog birthday!! Thanks for reminding me about the ZUMBA NIGHTMARE! Reading that post again just made my day. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

Kelly said...

Aww, congrats on your bloggybirthday!! Isn't it crazy to look back on a year?? I just love blogging for that reason... and of course making friends as well :-D

Happy Wednesday, Amber!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Aww! Yay!! Happy Birthday to you and you blog!! Tell your hubby these friendships are without a doubt real, and to go get you a nice bday cake to celebrate :)

Excited to look at some of your posts that I have missed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 1 year for your blog! You have done mighty well!

Okay, Zumba post... I actually sprained my ankle the one time I did it :)

I did the letter to me. and one more memory, brought tears to my eyes. I miss my grandmother as well!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your blog!!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogging Birthday!

Brittany Ann said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday, girlfriend!

Aimee of East Avenue said...

Happy "Birthday!"

Hope your next year of blogging is twice as great! :)

Lulu said...

Your blog is completely adorable!!!

tara said...

happy blogiversary!!!!

Brittany said...

I'm so glad I found your blog :) I know you always have a good story to tell! I can't believe how much I enjoy this community of blogging either. So many awesome people you may never have had the opportunity to "meet" before.

I'm going to have to read some of your posts you wrote before I started following!

Happy Blog Birthday to you!

Melanie said...

Happy 1 year anniversary!!! Love your blog and reading about your daily life..you definately brought a much needed smile to my face tonight when I checked out your previous post about "Carrie Underwood"..that was HILARIOUS!!!

d.a.r. said...

I love this post!! So neat to see what all was important to you this past year!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk