Monday, August 30, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one}  I'm so sorry for being an MIA blogger for the past three days.  I swear I will catch up soon!  One of my closest friends was married this weekend and I was an honorary bridesmaid.  Needless to say, my Friday & Saturday were quite busy.  Congrats Sarah & Dave on your beautiful wedding - thanks so much for allowing Steven and I to share in your special day.  WE LOVE YOU! 

{two} As I type this post, I'm sitting in the airport waiting to board my flight to Dallas, TX.  I'm on my first official business trip!  I feel like such a big girl - three years as an accountant and I'm finally traveling for work.  A little apprehensive, I must admit.  I've never stayed in a hotel by myself before.  But I'm looking forward to completing an inventory process and learning this new aspect of my industry.

{three}  I'm in the process of completing a "101 in 1001".  I have seen similar lists on some of my favorite blogs and think it will be a great project to complete over the next two and a half years.  But it's proving to be pretty difficult to come up with 101 things I want to do within the next two and a half years.  Stay tuned this week as I promise to it posted by Friday!

{four}  I haven't forgotten to announce the winner to the Metro Line 6 Photography giveaway - I promise.  Once again, I'm having trouble uploading pics to blogger.  And with my busy weekend schedule I just haven't had the time.  It will be announced this evening when I finally settle into the hotel.

{five}  Is anyone else as excited for Labor Day as I am?  I love three day weekends!  One week of work left then it's a a nice little break for me and hubby!!

{six} I left my entire makeup bag at a friend's house last night.  I didn't notice until about 10:30 and it was too late to either go get new makeup or go to my friend's and pick up my makeup. And I had to leave the house so early this morning that none of the local drug stores were open.  I scrounged my reserves and found some old foundation that will do for now.  But I am completely without mascara and eye liner this morning.  Wonderful - I look like a hobo at the airport!  Needless to say I will be hitting up the first CVS I see once I land in Dallas!

{seven}  Time to board the plane.  Wish me luck!  I'm used to traveling with my hubby.  I generally just hold his hand and allow him to drag me mindlessly through the airport.  Looks like I'm gonna have to depend on my own wits this time.  Could be interesting.  :)

17 comments:

Nicole said...

I have been doing SO bad with my 101. I can't wait to see your list!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Good Luck traveling for work!! I think it's fun :) The one thing I hate is if you have to travel in work attire - that sucks!!

And forgetting your makeup bag- Eeeek! I would be lost without it!

Megan said...

Have fun in Dallas! My parents actually live in that area, and I've always loved visiting!

Also, C and I are planning on a quick trip to Charlotte. Could you give me any reconmendations on what to see and do?

chloë. said...

I would feel like a grown up too, if I were going on a business trip! Have fun!

Oh and I forgot my make-up bag in my parents' car on our wedding day, which meant I had NO make-up on our honeymoon. That was so not cool, LOL.

Kristin said...

Happy traveling! I would be a mess (literally and mentally) if I left my makeup bag somewhere. Eeek! Have fun at your meetings, and tell us all about what you're up to :-)

krystal said...

My 101 in 1001 list took me forever. I received good advice while I was creating it though... include little things like 'get a pedicure' or 'cut my hair' so that you'll feel accomplished as you slowly complete your list! Good luck. :D

Stacey said...

UMM... I think I missed the travel part of you being gone in our converstion this weekend. I think I heard trip but it didn't sink in. My first "business" trip was to Dallas. I wrote a letter home to mom about my flight. It was AWESOME! I knew then why my dad loved flying.
Have fun! Love you!!

ty said...

exciting by-yourself trip! I always love flying by myself, it allows me to feel mysterious :) have so much fun in Dallas ... eat Javier's if you can!

Sammy said...

I've never had to travel for work but it sounds like it could be fun! Enjoy yourself and hope you had a safe flight! :)

Angela Noelle said...

I'm working on a 30 Before 30, but 101 sounds SO daunting!! You can totally do it though :)

Ms. J said...

Oh no, that's a bummer about your make-up!! Good thing you have time to stop at CVS!

Good luck on your first business trip- how exciting!

Donna said...

I forgot my make-up bag when I stayed overnight at someone's house a few weeks back. I literally did not want to leave the house the next day! Ha!

Good luck with your business trip, I'd be so scared!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

For my 101 list, I googled the term and found lots of other lists. I pretty much stole some ideas. They sounded like good things to do!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Hey Amber!! Congrats on your first business trip! So exciting! :) Good luck with everything and be safe!!

Unknown said...

Hey! That's where I live! Well, I'm about 45 minutes from DFW, but it's close! Welcome to Texas!

Anonymous said...

Coming up with the 101 things was the hardest for me! If you go to the project zero website, they give suggestions- that helped me get the juices flowing, and probably is responsible for about 75 of mine!

Meg O. said...

Have a wonderful business trip! I'm sure you still look fabulous without the mascara!!! Dallas is fun. My hubby lived there while we were dating. It's a nice place!



Young, Fabulous, Newlywed





Button Love

My Blogger BFF

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Karen Funk